WAG understands that you, as a user of this website, care about how your information is used.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information from individuals in the European Union (under GDPR regulation) and all other global customers collected, processed, disclosed and stored (collectively “used”) by Watch and Grow Pty Ltd.
Our company is registered as Watch and Grow Pty Ltd trading as WAG, 8 Plant Grove, Heatherton, 3202, Victoria, Australia.
What information does WAG collect?
WAG collects information as this is how we learn about our customers. Often you will provide this information directly to us, but in other cases it might be collected automatically through technical means such as Cookies. This information is used to personalise, improve your shopping experience, deliver customer orders and update you on delivery of orders or share relevant product information.
We will collect your personal details, contact information and address so that we can process and fulfil your orders. We may collect and store the following information as it is received to us via our website in order to provide the contract to you and respond to any queries:
- Your name
- Your contact information, including email address and phone number
- Your demographic information, including as postal address and postcode
- Information pertaining to your pet
- Order details
- and any financial or payment information, such as your card details
We collect the following information about you, through technical means such as Cookies, when you browse our store:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Country geolocation using your IP address
- Browsing data linked to Google Analytics
What does WAG do with the information given and collected?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for the purpose of order enquiries and tractions, so we can bring claims or defend ourselves in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
- To keep certain financial recordings for financial reporting and accounting purposes
- To improve our products and services
- To analyse and improve how our business and websites work
- To provide you marketing updates (only where we have your permission and consent).
Where we have your consent:
We may periodically send promotional emails and/or SMS about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and/or phone number which you have provided.
If you do not wish to receive promotional marketing material, then you can withdraw consent by unsubscribing from WAG’s marketing, opting out or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will never sell your information to any third party, and we only use your information when we have a lawful basis for doing so.
We will use the information automatically collected about you through technical means such as Cookies to analyse how visitors use our website so that we can understand how visitors engage with WAG and improve how our website works.
Where we share information with third parties
We will share the information we collect about you with our service providers to the extent necessary for purposes outlined above. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Sharing your information with Shopify:
- Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Shopify therefore hosts the data we collect about you.
- Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application, on a secure server behind a firewall. Your data will be stored in Shopify’s servers in the USA.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
Sharing your information with other third parties:
WAG will share your information with the following categories of service providers:
- Third parties providing payment gateways
- Third parties who process payments or transactions on our behalf
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
- Facebook: Facebook is an online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California.
- Klaviyo: Klaviyo is a marketing automation and email platform. We use it to send you relevant marketing and offers.
- Front: Front is an offline customer service software with live support, help desk software, and web analytics capabilities.
- Smile: Smile is used to facilitate WAG’s loyalty program, The Good Dog Club. Smile is based in the US.
- SMSBump: SMSBump is an SMS marketing and marketing automation platform. We use it to send you relevant marketing and offers.
- Shopify: Shopify is a Canadian e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. It is the name of its proprietary e-commerce platform for WAG’s online stores.
Other circumstances in which we may share your information:
- From time to time we may need to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies or regulators.
- In addition, we may need to disclose your information if you violate our Terms of Service.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be shared with the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
WAG takes steps to ensure that the third parties we engage to provide services to us on our behalf use your data in accordance with this Statement.
Such third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and to the extent that this is the case, the following Section 5 will apply.
Once you leave our store’s website or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by this Statement or our website’s Terms of Service. When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement for www.getwag.com.au. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long do we retain your data?
WAG will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Statement and to fulfil our legal obligations. Where you are a customer this is usually at least for as long as you remain a customer, to be able meet our legal and contractual obligations to you, and if necessary, to resolve any disputes.
We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations.
Please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
For further information on how long your information shall be retained by WAG, please get in touch with us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
To protect your personal information, we take put in place appropriate technological and organisational measures and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you would like to exercise Your Rights, register a complaint, or simply want more information about this Privacy Statement or how we use your data, please get in touch with us using the details below.
Or you can get in contact by mail at:
8 Plant Grove,
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page without notice. It is your responsibility to review and understand this policy on occasions you use this website.
If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.