Howl-oween Competition T&Cs
Howl-oween Tricks 4 Treats UGC Social Competition, October 2022, WAG – Game of Skill. Competition Terms and Conditions
- By entering the WAG Competition, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being run by Watch & Grow Food Co ABN: 94 142 556 116, 8 Plant Grove Heatherton, 3202, VIC (Promoter). To contact the Promoter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be eligible to enter the competition, you must reside in Australia and be aged 18 years or older. Employees, directors or officers of the Promoter, any companies or agencies associated with this competition, or their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
- The competition period commences at 12:00 AEST on Thursday, 27th October 2022. It ends at 23:59 AEST on Monday, 31st October 2022 (competition period), and the Promoter reserves the right to extend the competition end date at any time (subject to regulatory approval).
- To enter the competition, you must record a video of your dog doing its favourite trick and post it via your Instagram, tagging @getwag. The judges will look for videos of dogs doing some of the best tricks.
- No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete or incoherent entries will be invalid.
- A limit of one entry to the competition per person applies.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- The prize is one of three $50 e-gift vouchers for use on getwag.com.au
- The total prize pool value is $150.
- The prize/s does not include any costs associated with redeeming the prize
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist in transit or at any destination.
- The prize/s will not be transferable to another person. No part of a prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize.
- If a prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another item of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by the Promoter to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by the Promoter to be of equal or higher value.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner/s of the promotion.
- All valid entries received during the competition period will be reviewed and individually judged by the Promoter at 4 pm AEST on Friday, 4th November 2022
Offices at 8 Plant Grove, Heatherton, VIC 3202.
- Entries will be judged based on their accuracy, creativity, and originality of tricks. The Promoter will determine the best entry, and the relevant entrant/s will be the winner of the competition. The Promoter may also select additional reserve entries in case an invalid or ineligible entry is selected as a winning entry or in case a prize is forfeited or unclaimed by the winner.
- The winner/s will be notified that they have won the prize by Instagram Direct Message and asked for further details on where to send the prize. The Promoter will distribute all claimed prizes to the winner/s.
- If a prize is forfeited (for any reason) or remains unclaimed within two weeks after the Promoter has attempted to notify the winner, the Promoter may, at its discretion, select a replacement winner for that prize by (i) determining that an entrant who submitted an additional reserve entry will win that prize or (ii) reviewing and individually judging all entries to select a winning entry by reference to the selection criteria set out above. The Promoter will notify the winner of that prize by email or telephone and distribute that prize to the winner.
- All decisions by the Promoter regarding the selection of winners are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition and these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition page at www.getwag.com.au. It is the entrant’s responsibility to check the competition page for any amendments regularly.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits excludes or modifies, or purports limit, exclude or modify the Promoter’s liability in relation to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees Liability, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition including:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or
- use of the prize.
- To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), if the competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries.
- By entering the competition, the winner/s agrees to participate in such promotional activity as the Promoter may require without remuneration. Each winner also consents to the use and publication of the content of their entry, their name, image and any other details provided by the winner in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner. The Winner and Entrants agree that the Promoter can store all content, images or videos for future promotional activities on the Promoter's Website, and Social Media platforms and provide this content to third parties to promote the Promoters brand now and into the future without referencing the Winner.
- Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that all intellectual property rights subsisting in all submitted entries is and remain the property of the Promoter. Each entrant agrees to assign all intellectual property rights in such materials with effect from the date of creation (including by way of assignment of future copyright). Each entrant further consents to the Promoter’s use and publication of submitted entries that would otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless from any and all liability associated with this competition to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law). The Promoter and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.